20090626

20090626 Photo Updates for Conditions and Climbing

Damien and Burtt sent me more photos earlier this week, and I wanted to share them.  Thanks guys!

First, Burtt's photo of the East Ridge of Mt. Russell from our climb on 13 June shows just how much snow we're talking about:

 
This view is looking back down the East Ridge from the East Summit, so the snow completely covers the north-aspect ledges that we would normally just walk across.
Now, it has been really warm for the past week, so hopefully all this new snow is gone.  I say hopefully because I'm climbing the East Face or East Buttress on Tuesday and I want to use approach shoes and not my alpine boots, crampons, and ice axe.  Stay tuned for another Conditions Report later this week.
Damien also sent me some great photos taken from our 21 June climb of a Beckey route, the Premier Route on Premier Buttress: