20111112

The Life of a Tech Rep

Steve working the crowd at REI Seattle's BCA Clinic.
BCA hired me on this fall to be their Tech Rep for the Pacific Northwest.  In the winter, it means I get to visit all the ski areas and hang out with the Patrols, Ski Schools, and local backcountry guide services to talk about BCA's product.  But this fall it meant getting out to each and every retail store that carries BCA product, from Bellingham to Portland, and spend time educating the staff about what BCA makes, how it works, and why.

Refreshingly, BCA wants me to be open and honest about what I think works best.  I tagged along with Steve Christie, BCA's Director of Sales, and one of the coolest things I noticed is that he didn't say a single negative thing about BCA's competitors.  Always professional, always with the quick joke, and always positive.

I'm psyched - this side-job is giving me a new perspective into the outdoor industry that I wouldn't get any other way.