20100413

Endless Opportunity of FA Ice Climbs!!

Its been several weeks of early mornings, long days, and late nights.  I traveled up to Whistler, BC, to attend the American Mountain Guide Association's Ski Mountain Guide Course and Aspirant Exam (SMGC/AE).   More about that soon.

Earlier this week, I received a note from a friend on Facebook.  "Chris, there's this entire @#$^ing valley cover with possible routes and no FA's!!" He screamed, "This makes Canmore look tame!"  He was from Canmore, so I forgave him for that blasphemy, but checking out the forwarded article left me with the shakes.

Of course, I have to figure out how to get to Mars.

Incredible first ascents await!  This is a 2 mile section of the ice terrace that makes up a portion of the Mojave Crater wall in Xanthe Terra, Mars.  Photo courtesy of the Daily Mail.